Our Properties

The McDowell House

Entered in the National Register of Historical Places Located at 119 St. Mary’s Church Road, Morganton, NC Open on Sundays, 2-4:00PM April through October, and by appointment with two weeks notice. The McDowell House at Quaker Meadows, the oldest brick house in Burke County, was built in 1812 by Captain Charles McDowell, Jr. in anticipation […] Continue reading

Quaker Meadows Cemetery

Entered in the National Register of Historical Places Located on Branstrom Drive, Morganton, NC (From Independence Boulevard, turn onto Sam  Mull Ave., then take a quick right onto Branstrom Drive.  The cemetery is at the top of the hill.) As the cemetery is extremely fragile, the gates are kept locked.  To obtain admittance, call our […] Continue reading

Erwin Family Cemetery at Belvidere Plantation

Located on Belvidere Lane off Piedmont Road, Morganton, NC. This small cemetery contains 21 known graves dating from 1822 – 1894. It is the resting place of Arthur Erwin and his descendants.  The cemetery lies near what was once the site of Belvidere, a home built by Arthur’s son William Willoughby Erwin who married Matilda […] Continue reading